Monday, May 31, 2010

My Trip to Maryland

I just came back from Maryland. Had a blast down there, I always do. Got some good practice in with the new camera which was great. I'll throw some of it up here in a few days. It's really difficult to take bad shots with this thing.

While at my all time favorite bar, Cancoon Cantina, I came up with a movie idea. It will most likely be a romantic comedy set in and around a country bar. Why? because I'd like to have an excuse to go back again, and while sipping a beer, looking out at the line dancers in front of the main stage, slow dancing to some good country music, I realized that there is something romantic, something very deep and pure about a slow line dance.

I nearly shed a tear thinking about it. The cowboy boots, and hats, and the women in their dresses. There is something nostalgic about it, which I think would make for an interesting story. We'll see what comes of that.

In the mean time, here is a country song I was just turned on to.

No comments:

Post a Comment