Friday, June 4, 2010

Camera Lens

After yesterday's promotional shoot, I've done some thinking on lenses for my camera. Right now I have a Canon EF 50mm f1.8, a Canon EF 75-300mm f4-5.6, and the Canon EF 18-55mm f3.5-5.6 which came with the camera. I marched around with all three lenses yesterday, but only ended up using the 18-55mm. For that kind of run and gun shoot, it just seemed like too much work to keep switching lenses.

The 18-55mm really worked wonders and accomidated most of my needs, but in hindsight, there were a few shots it might have been nice to use the telephoto lens on. An advertisement from amazon got me thinking a bit. They had a Tamaron AF 18-270mm f 3.5-5.6 lens on sale. It's more then I can afford at the moment, but I think down the line, I may get one of those puppies.

For a run and gun day of shooting, it would be nice to have one lens with the focal lengths of the three I'm currently carrying. Then I could get all different types of shots without ever switching lenses.

No comments:

Post a Comment